FAQ: Salt and Sugar

FAQ - full answer

Q:  Do your treats contain salt or sugar?   

A:  A. We do not add salt or refined sugars to our treats. Salt, when ingested on a regular basis - like from frequent feeding of salt-containing treats can cause kidney failure and imbalances in a dog’s electrolyte levels. Large amounts ingested at one time are also toxic.

Sugar intake can lead to obesity, dental problems (and we know a dog's mouth is the gateway to his health), and possibly diabetes mellitus. We use just a touch of local, raw, unprocessed (i.e. unrefined) honey in two of our treats becasue of raw honey's unique healthful benefits - like its ability to combat environmental allergies.

Back to FAQ